I always have a list of goals and dreams for the new year here, and this year is no different. For starters, I have the ol' classic from my list EVERY YEAR:
1. BE BETTER AT SHOWING UP ON TIME (jeeeeeeeeez. why is this one so hard for me?). I really do value other peoples time. I try to respect it, and I am aware of how disrespectful is to show up late to functions or appointments, and keep people waiting, because my time isn't more valuable than anyone else, but DANNNNG! This is one of those things that I am gonna get right this year!!!
2. Grow what is important. I mean this in a broader sense than just my garden..... I have been making changes to stress less and say NO more.
3. Focus more on myself and what I love to do. Create more, learn more, sew more, photograph more (with my actual camera and not my phone).
4. Reducing tasks/ obligations that involve me leaving the farm. I want to STAY in this peaceful place more....
5. Suppertime strolls. Christian & I did this every evening after dinner in 2013. We also lived in the city where it was easy to walk out the door and be on a sidewalk. Now I drive a few miles to do my morning runs, but I also benefit so much from a nice long walk in the evenings. Working on a plan to 'borrow' a dog that can make a nice little trek in the evenings to keep me accountable, since Christian is so over the strolls, and Eddie really can't physically make it.
6. De-clutter my life. Sell the vintage stuff, to create my 'idea hub'. Showing up for these goals and dreams means making space to grow.
8. ...and last but not least....Learn to 'zip it' in order to better my chances of getting what I want..... ya know to learn to use my intellect over my rants & raves...Ha!
Well, that is all for me this morning - I am off to work! ON TIME!! Eeeeeeek!